Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *

Klerksdorp Record, Klerksdorp - The DA’s revelation last week about the Matlosana Municipality paying R75 million for the city’s refuse removal to a contractor that is not delivering his end of the contract, was met with silence from the municipality.

Repeated attempts by Klerksdorp Record to get comment on the allegations by the DA ended in a dead end. Cllr Gerhard Strydom for the DA, said he has tabled a motion on the issue for the next council meeting that is expected to be held on Tuesday March 26. “The council will have to break their silence and answer our questions,’’ he said. 

In the meantime, all refuse removal in the city has grinded to a halt. The municipality’s failure to collect domestic refuse as scheduled has forced residents to either resort to illegal dumping or to contract private companies to do so, while the municipality continues to bill residents for this non-existent service.

Read more …Still no refuse removal in city

Klerksdorp Rekord, Klerksdorp - Boere en grondeienaars in die omgewing verwag ‘n vroeë brandseisoen weens huidige droogte toestande.

Die Matlosana Brandbeskermingsvereniging het verlede week ‘n waarskuwing hieroor uitgereik nadat die eerste groot veldbrand vir die 2024 brandseisoen op Donderdag 14 Maart in die Dennegeur/Dupperspos-gebied naby Hartbeesfontein uitgebreek het. 

 

Read more …Vroeë begin vir brandseisoen

Klerksdorp Record, Klerksdorp - An investigation and tracing team comprising of Ikageng Detectives and Klerksdorp Tactical Response Team (TRT) worked hard to arrest kidnapping and murder suspects over the weekend in Lenasia and Potchefstroom.

“The first suspect (36) was arrested in connection with the murder of Nomakephu Thoma (31), who was initially reported missing by a family member on February 27. 

According to reports, Thoma was taken by her ex-boyfriend who later sent messages to the family to demand a ransom. “The investigation team pieced information together and through other investigative aids, traced the first suspect to Lenasia where he was finally arrested. Following this, the suspect admitted to being responsible for the victim’s murder and took the police to the scene between Ikageng Extension 7 and Promosa where the victim’s body was allegedly burnt by a person he hired,” said Brig Sabata Mokgwabone, police spokesperson. 

Read more …Mozambicans arrested for murder, kidnapping

More Articles …